Join Our Mailing List
For Email Marketing you can trust
Adult Educational Opportunities
Sunday Mornings: 10:20 a.m.
History of Christianity (Library)
- Classes start on February 3, 2013
- Join our new discussion group which will study the history of our Christian faith.
- We will use the book Christianity by Roland Bainton. Dr. Bainton was a professor of church history at Yale and the author of more than a dozen important books. Dr. Bainton wrote the book for readers that are not Christians so it explains Christian terms and concepts.
- Studying church history helps us answer questions about our faith, it delineates important aspects of our faith, and it gives evidence that the Holy Spirit is working through our church.
- The book has eleven chapters. The first three are:
- Backgrounds of Christianity - The history of Judaism including the influence of Greek culture.
- The Ministry of Christ - The birth through the resurrection.
- The Church in an Alien World - The growth of the church until its adoption by the Roman empire.
- If you have any questions, contact Gordon Clark (email@example.com, 888-1746).
Learning Disciples (Room 111)
- Learn more about our bible and understand its meaning in our lives
- Discuss biblically-oriented resource materials that generate questions motivating interaction
- Increase your understanding of Christian beliefs and grow in faith
- Welcomes new participants regardless of their knowledge level
- Contact: Karen Gibson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 888-8170
- See recent and scheduled topics
Religious Studies Book Club (Room 112)
Offers an approach to scripture and theology that does not rely on a literal/factual understanding of relevant Bible texts
Studies books that offer new interpretations and alternatives to traditional Christian teachings
Appeals to seekers and those who want a less doctrinaire approach to Christianity
Dicsusses books in an informal atmosphere of openness and safety, where doubts and questions are encouraged
Members decide, as a group, what books to read
- See current topic
Is an ongoing group actively seeking new participants
Contact: Dick Patton, email@example.com, 740-353-1466